Specs Howard's Michigan Business Scholarship
Effective April 1, 2014, Specs Howard School of Media Arts is proud to offer a scholarship for the employee of any business currently operating in Michigan. This $5,000.00 scholarship has been created to provide media training for employees of Michigan businesses, and is designed to offer benefits to both the Michigan employer and their employee. The scholarship may be used toward the tuition of the three programs, Digital Media Arts, Graphic Design or Broadcast Media Arts, offered at the Specs Howard School.
To be eligible for the scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be an employee of a company operating in the state of Michigan.
- Employee must complete an Application for Specs Howard Michigan Business Scholarship. At the time of submission, the applicant must also provide:
- A Letter of Recommendation from the employer stating how the training will benefit the organization.
- A Letter of Request stating how the recipient feels that they qualify for the scholarship and how it will impact their future
- Candidates will be selected based on the employer’s Letter of Recommendation and the employee’s Letter of Request.
- Specs Howard School will verify a candidate’s employment prior to awarding the scholarship.
- Recipients will be required to meet the Specs Howard School standard entrance requirements or the scholarship will be invalid.
- Specs Howard School will attempt to put recipients in the class of their choice; however, the school reserves the right to select a specific class start date.
- The Specs Howard Michigan Business Scholarship is valued at $5,000 and can be used for tuition purposes only. The scholarship cannot be sold, transferred, or applied to any other costs. The scholarship funds will be credited incrementally to the student’s account at the beginning of each of the six marking periods within the program. Each increment will equal one-sixth of the total value of the scholarship. Any interruption of training, change of program, or withdrawal, may result in cancellation of the scholarship award and disbursement(s). The student also understands that a change of status may impact eligibility.
- Recipients are subject to all policies and procedures, as published in the Specs Howard School Catalog and Student Handbook, including but not limited to grades, attendance and behavior.
- Recipients of this scholarship are not eligible for any other Specs Howard scholarship.
- Recipients must have written documentation from Specs Howard School acknowledging approval of the scholarship.
- This scholarship is available to students who enroll on or after April 1, 2014 and does not apply to currently enrolled, attending, transfer or reinstated students.
- A limited amount of scholarships are available per year and will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Download your application form for the Specs Howard Michigan Business Scholarship here.